LG&E and KU Energy Electrical Engineer I, II, III or Sr. in Simpsonville, Kentucky
Title Electrical Engineer I, II, III or Sr.
Requisition ID 4418BR
Address 55 King Brook Parkway
Company Paid Relocation - External Not Provided
Job Function Engineering
Position Purpose This position is responsible for performing engineering analysis of the LG&E and KU transmission system in the operating horizon in order to maintain system reliability and compliance with all applicable NERC Standards.
The position will be filled based on the candidates experience and education level.
Required Education & Experience B. S. Degree in electrical engineering.
Preferred Qualifications Ability to use formal engineering training in practical application to assignments.
Job Description • Provide engineering support to Transmission Operations.
• Perform real-time, daily, weekly and seasonal steady state analysis.
• Build and maintain computer models of the interconnected transmission system.
• Update/maintain topology of the real-time transmission system model.
• Support and troubleshoot the state estimator and contingency analysis tools.
• Coordinate with other entities to ensure accuracy of transmission models, ratings, etc.
• Run power flow to analyze transmission outage requests.
• Participate in the outage coordination process.
• Perform flowgate analysis and update/maintain flowgates.
• Prepare technical reports for submission to a variety of recipients, including reliability and regulatory entities.
• Responsible for applying regulatory standards to the transmission planning process in the operating horizon.
• Update/maintain facility ratings in the operating horizon.
• Provide ratings, topology changes and other data to the Reliability Coordinator (TVA) and other entities, as required.
Work Conditions Normal office environment
Physical Effort Primarily sitting with some standing and walking.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Louisville Gas & Electric and Kentucky Utilities (LG&E and KU) is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace.
© LG&E and KU
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, perceived disability or any other protected characteristic as may be defined by applicable law.
Learn more about equal employment protections:
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our Human Resources department ator call 502-627-2410, and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and phone number.